Photography Courses, Tips, and Tutorials
- Craft and Vision - Offers a wide range of e-books on numerous photographic topics.
- Lynda.com - This is a subscription based service that offers 27,088 video tutorials on 604 photography related subjects.
- GreyLearning - Tim Grey has 33 courses with over 42 hours of content.
- Kelbyone - Easy online training from the best in Photoshop, Lightroom and photography.
- Harvard - Want to learn photography from Harvard? (Yes, that Harvard.) It turns out you can easily do so, even without being a student. The oldest institution of higher learning in the United States offers a free 12-module online digital photography class. If you’re just starting out in photography and would like to give this 12-module Harvard photo class a shot, head over to its page on ALISON, create a free account, and hit “Start This Course.”
Software, Apps, and Plug-Ins
- On1 Photo Raw - A full featured photo editor that works as a plug-in to Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom or as a stand alone application.
- Topaz Labs - A suite of effect plug-ins for Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom to speed up your editing time.
- Adobe Creative Cloud/Photography - Creative Cloud is a subscription service to Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom that will always be up to date for $9.99 per month.
- Nik Collection - Add the power of the Nik Collection by Google to create stunning images faster. This is a suite of 7 plugins for Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom that used to cost $150.00 that is now completely free.
- LensRentals.com - All the major brands including Nikon, Canon, Sony, Lieca, Fuji
- Borrowlenses.com - Rent equipment specially selected for the type of event you will be capturing.
Camera Stores and Manufacturers
- B&H - Photo, Video, and Pro Audio
- Sony - Home page for cameras and lenses
- Panasonic - Lumix Digital cameras, lenses and accessories
- Olympus - Official site for cameras, lenses and accessories
Printing Services and Photo Books
- Harold's Photo - 4501 Southern Hills Dr., Sioux City, Iowa 51106, 712-276-7778
- Sam's Club - 4201 So. York St., Sioux City, Iowa 51106, 712-233-3133
- Mpix - Prints, Wall Art, Cards, Photo Gifts, Photo Books
- Shutterfly - Prints, Cards & Stationery, Calendars, Photo Gifts, Photo Books
- AdoramaPix - Prints, Cards, Calendars, Wall Décor, Photo Books
- CG Pro Prints - Canvas Wraps, Leather Wraps, Framed Standouts, Prints
- Vistaprint - Marketing Materials, Business Cards, Signs, Posters, Invitations & Stationery
- My Publisher - Photo Books and Retouching. New customers get a free photo book.
- Blurb - Professional print books, magazines or ebooks for IPad and Kindle.
Reviews and Buying Guides
- Pop Photo - Buying guide with links to full tests and reviews
- CNET - Camera buying guide and reviews
- Ken Rockwell - Reviews and recommendations
- Lens Buying Guide - The right lens can transform an ordinary, ho-hum snapshot into a memory that lasts a lifetime. If you're still relying on the kit lens that came with your DSLR or compact system camera, it may be time to venture into new territory. This guide will help you find your way.
Photo Storage and Website Design
- Flickr - Upload, access, organize, edit and share your photos from any device from anywhere in the world.
- Zenfolio - Effortless website design services.
- SmugMug - Create and re-create a site that fits your style.
- Carbonite - Offsite backup for all your irreplaceable files and photos.
Photo Paper and Ink
- Red River Paper - Photographic papers and printer ink, weekly newsletter packed full of tips
Camera Clubs and Photo Organizations
- The Big List - Comprehensive listing of camera clubs throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia/New Zealand, Scandinavia, Russia, Africa, South America, Mexico and more.
Photo Contest Sites
- Viewbug - Viewbug is a community where you can upload photos and enter them into competitions to win prizes from various sponsors. There are 3 levels of user and corresponding competitions. You can take inspiration from the work of others and get some feedback on your own work as well.
- Pixoto - Pixoto offers prize money for weekly contests in different categories. The amount of the prize depends directly on the amount of photographs entered in that category that week. What this means is that the winners are not chosen by appointed judges but by the community itself.